The weather’s getting cold and it’s time to start thinking about where to escape and more importantly, what to wear when you get to paradise. Former swimsuit model-turned-designer and celebrity favourite Melissa Odabash, recommends packing one swimsuit in your carry-on bag. In case your luggage is delayed or missing, you can still hit the beach without worrying about finding the right bathing suit. Odabash is responsible for making the Victoria’s Secret zebra print bikini which became the best-selling item in their 1998 catalogue.
Here are some of my beach essentials with samples from her 2011 collection.
1. Sexy bikini that’s one size too small. According to Odabash, less fabric makes you look smaller.
2. Glamorous cutout one-piece that can work double-duty in the evenings paired with silky trousers.
3. Loose, flowy jumpsuit for walking to your spa appointment.
4. A fashionable wide-brimmed hat to protect your beautiful face.
4. A floor-skimming kaftan that can be worn on the beach and off.
5. Pretty cover-ups that work as dresses.